For all you “choc-a-holics” out there (myself included), this recipe includes my 3 favorite things in the world…..chocolate coconut and dates. It’s easy to prepare, healthy, delicious and gluten free. Thanks to Alida’s Kitchen for this WONDERFUL recipe !
- 8 ounces pitted dates (approx 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, for rolling
- Put dates, cocoa, 3 tablespoons coconut and espresso powder in a food processor and puree until smooth. If mixture is too dry, add water by the teaspoonful (I needed about 3 teaspoons). If mixture becomes too wet, add more unsweetened coconut.
- Scoop mixture by the tablespoonful and form 1-inch balls. Roll balls in remaining coconut.
- Chill/store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy.